These crepe-paper roses would make for some beautiful decor at a wedding or shower!
Tools and Materials Large flower template Double-sided crepe paper Smooth-sided pencil Paper-covered floral wire Floral tape White craft glue
Large Flower How-To 1. Enlarge and print template. Use the template to trace and cut five teardrop-shaped petals and 15 heart-shaped petals from double-sided crepe paper.
2. To shape petals, cup in center; wrap left and right top edges around a pencil to curl.
3. Make a stem by wrapping three paper-covered wires together with floral tape.
4. Start building flowers by first placing teardrop petals around the stem and securing with floral tape. Place heart petals around the "bud" you have created and secure with more floral tape.
5. Trace and cut the calyx shape from green crepe paper. Wrap calyx around bottom of rose and glue in place.
6. Trace and cut out three leaf shapes from green crepe paper. Draw a bead of glue down the center of each leaf, place a paper-covered wire down, and pinch the crepe paper together over the paper-covered wire "vein" to hide it.
7. Attach the leaves to the stem by wrapping in floral tape.
8. Wrap stem with strips of green crepe paper to cover floral tape; glue in place.
Resources Double-sided crepe paper is available at castleintheair.biz and at select Michaels stores. For store locations, please visit michaels.com. Glue and floral tape are from Martha Stewart Crafts. All other tools and materials are available at crafts stores and art-supply stores.
I'm an artist, graphic designer, & stylist who loves fabulous events and all the details that go into them. I like taking the ordinary into the extra-ordinary. See my Etsy Shop below, & check back soon for links to my custom wedding invite design site w/ samples & ordering information!!!!! Amazing things to come :) Shoot me an email, for custom design & styling requests: nichole.bohner[at]gmail.com
view my profile here